Reasons Why Your Home Might Not Feel Clean and How to Fix It
You’ve just vacuumed and dusted your house, but it still doesn’t seem clean enough. It could be that you’re missing the mark on what actually makes your home cleaning services, so follow these steps to make sure your home feels clean again.
There’s too much stuff
A cluttered home can make it difficult to feel like your home is clean. There might be too much stuff lying around or in piles that make it hard to find a place for everything. If you want your home to feel clean, try decluttering. Start by sorting through what you have and getting rid of anything that doesn’t belong there or isn’t being used. If you’re really struggling, consider hiring a professional organizer who can come in and help create order from chaos.
The wrong cleaning supplies
One way to make your home feel dirty is by using the wrong type of cleaning products. Make sure you read the label before purchasing a product and make sure it’s safe for use on surfaces in your home. Some products will state they are ‘all-purpose cleaners’ but may not be safe for use on all surfaces. For example, some all-purpose cleaners contain ammonia or bleach which can be harmful if ingested or used on certain materials like natural stone, marble, granite, or wood furniture.
You’re not using a cleaning schedule
When you don’t have a cleaning schedule, it can be difficult to keep your home feeling clean.
There are two reasons for this:
1) You don’t know how much time is appropriate for the amount of dirt in your home
2) You’re neglecting some areas of your house because you’re so focused on other areas.
It’s important that you take the time to create a cleaning schedule that works for the size and shape of your home. If you have trouble creating one, there are tons of great templates online that can help get you started.
You have pets
Pets can cause problems for those with allergies or asthma, especially in homes where pets are allowed to roam freely. If you’re sick of sneezing, it might be time for a pet vacuum cleaner! This will help keep allergens at bay so that you and your guests can enjoy your home. You might also want to invest in some air purifiers if the allergies are really bad.
You have kids
Kids come home with their friends, they leave their toys in the living room, eat a snack and then leave their dishes on the counter. No matter how often you tell them not to do that, it never seems to sink in.
It’s frustrating when your home doesn’t feel clean, but you don’t want to scold your kids or feel bad for being frustrated.
There are a few ways you can keep your house clean even if there are kids around.
- Encourage them not just to sweep up after themselves but also to tidy up the living room before they leave for the day so that it’s easier for you when you come home from work.
- Ask them to put away any food items left out on the countertop right after they finish eating instead of letting it pile up.
- Make sure all their toys are put away by the time you’re done cleaning at night so that there is less to clean in the morning and hopefully a more leisurely time waking them up.
- If they have a tendency to take shortcuts while sweeping or tidying, set some boundaries like making sure everything gets picked up off the floor first before anything else is done.
You don’t have enough storage
One common reason your home might not feel clean is that you don’t have enough storage. If you can’t put things away, it’s going to be a lot messier. The best way to solve this problem is by getting more storage space. There are lots of ways you can do this, from buying more cabinets or closets for your clothing. Bookshelves for your books, or a garage for storing other items. Storage units are also an option if you need more space in the basement or attic.
The next time you feel like your home is not feeling fresh. Take a few minutes to clean it from top to bottom. This can be as simple as dusting off the furniture or changing the sheets on the bed. If you’re really struggling with getting your home feeling clean again, call Glow Up Clean INC for help.